Parents and caregivers want to protect children from those who might harm them, but no child or teen can be supervised 24 hours a day. The Lauren’s Kids Safer, Smarter Families resources provide families with tips, activities, and strategies to help your child identify and avoid unsafe situations, people, and behaviors – and understand how to access help when needed – whatever their chronological and developmental age.
Family Safety Toolkit
The Safer, Smarter Families Family Safety Toolkit generator is designed to help your family address personal safety in a comfortable way. In order to create your custom Family Safety Toolkit with tips, tools, and lessons for families of children grades K-12, simply:
- Visit SaferSmarterFamilies.org,
- Get started by answering 3 basic questions about the ages, developmental levels, and independence of your children,
- Begin using the information, resources, videos, and interactive activities in your custom toolkit!
Blueprint for Building Safer, Smarter Families
Our Blueprint for Building Safer, Smarter Families resource is an interactive activity pack to help families teach elementary school children the basics of personal safety and the strategies needed to prevent abuse – all from a place of fun, not fear. Adults receive their own “parent pack” to use with their child, while kids follow along in their own workbook complete with crossword puzzles, word searches, crafts, roleplay scenarios, games and other entertaining activities.
Activity books include ways for elementary school children to build:
- Safe relationships, including a “trusted triangle” of adults a child can talk to about anything, from a bad dream or fight with a friend, to a touch that makes them feel unsafe.
- Safe communication, where kids learn how to tap into their guiding voice and consider how different situations make them think, feel and act.
- Physical safety, such as identifying body boundaries and determining the difference between safe and unsafe touches.
- Personal safety, by learning about privacy, grooming tactics used by pedophiles, and what makes a secret safe or unsafe.
- Plans for safety, through creating a P.L.A.N. for every situation and being aware of surroundings.
- Safety in the digital world, knowing one in five children under 18 are solicited sexually through the internet and the increasing importance of practicing positive cyber citizenship.
“If you’re choking back tears and your heart’s filled with fears…You know very well, it’s OK to tell.”
That’s the message taught to children in Lauren’s Kingdom, Lauren’s first book for children. Set in the fanciful backdrop of a young girl’s imagination, the Publisher’s Weekly Best-Selling Children’s Book empowers caregivers to discuss the important, but often danced around topic of personal safety with their children grades K-2.
Order your copy at shop.laurenskids.org today.