Lauren’s Kids has taken proactive efforts to make Florida a safer place through advocacy for the passage of nearly two dozen state laws that protect children from abuse and provide support for survivors of sexual violence.
Some notable changes to Florida law include:
- Elimination of statute of limitations for sex crimes committed against children under the age of 16.
- Increased penalties for cyber sex crimes.
- Established child safety zones.
- Increased penalties for those who sexually assault individuals with developmental delays or disabilities.
- Mandatory reporting/protection of vulnerable persons.