We are once again participating in the biggest online giving campaign in South Florida (but you don’t have to be in South Florida to give!). Give Miami Day is an online fundraiser where your donations are matched with “bonus pool” funds from the Miami Foundation.
Join the movement and be a part of the most exciting annual giving event in Florida! Last year almost 20,000 donors raised a record of $5.2 million for 520 nonprofit organizations, including Lauren’s Kids. The funds collected during Give Miami Day go fully and directly toward Lauren’s Kids’ efforts to prevent abuse and help survivors heal with initiatives including our Safer, Smarter Schools curriculum, Walk in My Shoes awareness walk and our Guide to Hope & Healing for survivors of abuse (coming January 2016, free of charge).
THE STATISTICS ARE STAGGERING
- There are more than 42 million survivors of sexual abuse in America.
- 1 in 3 girls are sexually abused before the age of 18.
- 1 in 5 boys are sexually abused before the age of 18.
- 1 in 5 children are solicited sexually while on the Internet before the age of 18.
- There are nearly half a million registered sex offenders in the U.S. – 80,000 to 100,000 of them are missing.
BUT THE SOLUTION IS CLEAR
- 95 percent of child sexual abuse IS preventable through education & awareness.
- Children are 3.5x more likely to disclose abuse if they have in-school prevention & safety programming.
PREVENTION IS POSSIBLE.
Help Lauren’s Kids shine light in dark place by visiting www.GiveMiamiDay.org on November 19 and making a donation to protect childhood.